Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ritual apologies and other gobbledygook

I'm having trouble uploading pictures, and the essay on Changu Narayan still isn't done--oddly, I more or less said out loud the direction of it with a bunch of friends last Wednesday, and have been less interested in it since.

It's like I figured out what I needed to about the visit, and so have less compulsion to write about it. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. I'll do my best to finish it up very soon, before I forget anything more about going.

I've also been busy with a couple other writing projects, of course, as well as with Wrench Nepal. Oh, and there's another mechanic coming August 12th! Which means that I am out of Kathmandu August 19th or thereabouts, to southeast Asia for a bit and then back to the States.

I'm looking forward to new places, there are only like 7 places in the Kathmandu Valley listed in the Lonely Planet that I haven't been to.

For today, look down and see some Nepali kids having fun and asking for a rupee.

No comments: